It’s week two of the One Room Challenge and work on the pop art bedroom is off and rolling. You know how when on TV they make over a room and start with a giant to do list then suddenly in a week the entire make-over is complete? Yes? Yeah well this is not that kind of make-over. This is the slow one-man show no secret night crew make-over. But that’s okay because we got this!
This week I knew time was going to be a challenge and I wouldn’t be able to get as much done as I would like. But even with limited time, I feel I’m off to a good start. I was able to spent time pouring over color selections and nailing down the color story. Before I show you my color picks, this is my mood board from last week (ORC Week1) with my inspiration for the design I want to create.
Pop Art Color Story
This is literally where I sat one afternoon. I spent longer than normal going over my choices because there is so much color in the room and I wanted to make sure it wouldn’t be too juvenile. I feel really good about the color plan I came up with. I know it won’t all make sense just yet but trust me.
Here is the breakdown of my selections…
Wall 1- SW 7004 Snowbound (soft white)
*Accent wall graphic SW 7674 Peppercorn (black grey)
Wall 2- SW 7004 Snowbound (soft white)
*Accent wall graphic SW 6688 Solaria (yellow)
*Accent wall graphic SW 6479 Drizzle (Blue Green)
*Accent wall graphic SW 6212 Quietude (grey green blue)
Wall 3- SW 7022 Alpaca -1/2 step lighter (warm grey )
Wall 4- SW 6218 Tradewind (blue grey) *I may change this to a true grey. I’m not sure yet.
Bed– SW 6690 Gambol Gold and Stainless steel
Dresser– SW 7006 Extra white, SW 7048 Urbane Bronze (black brown) & SW 6869 Stop (bright red)
Bookcase– SW 7006 Extra white
Bedroom Art Work
The Art work will combine multiple colors and bring out the pop art feel.
I can’t wait to get the color on the wall so I can show you what I have in mind!
Another item I began to tackle this week was this dresser. Unfortunately, it’s in real bad shape. But I’m going to fix all that.
It needs to be glued, filled and prepped for paint. This happens this week!
Along with completing the color choices and getting the dresser prepped, I cleaned out the bedroom and found a home for the bunk bed.
In the next few days I’m going to try to complete the wall paint. I also plan to start the painting of the dresser this week. That’s the plan anyway. We are getting there slowly but surly!
You may also like my previous One Room Challenge, The Shark Room
Receive smiles in your inbox!
Join my mailing list to stay up-to-date on all my DIY Projects, Thrifty Décor Ideas and Family Fun!.